- Examine the ballot(s). Locate the candidates for each office and the Yes or No choice for each measure.
- Following the instructions on the ballot, mark your choice for each office or measure.
- To vote for a candidate whose name is not on the ballot, write the full name of the candidate in the space provided on the ballot and fill in the oval to the left of your choice.
Returning the Ballot
- Sign the voter's statement on the back of the colored return envelope. Your ballot will not be counted if the envelope is not signed.
- Place only your voted ballot in the colored return envelope and seal the envelope.
- Deliver the signed and sealed return envelope as soon as possible, TWO OPTIONS TO RETURN YOUR BALLOT:
Use an Official Ballot Drop Site by 8 pm Election Day.
or get your ballot POSTMARKED by Election Day.
- If you have any questions or need further assistance please call your county elections official at 541-440-4252 /TTY 866-350-0596.
- If the ballot instructs, "Vote for one" and you vote for more than one, you have over-voted and none of your votes in that race will be counted.
- If the ballot instructs, "Vote for three" and you vote for more than 3 candidates, you have over-voted and none of your votes in that race will be counted.
- If you over-vote by mistake, you may cross through the selection you do not want. Please do not use any correction films or fluids on your ballot (e.g. White-out)
- If the ballot instructs, "Vote for one" and you do not vote in that contest, you have under-voted. Your under-vote in a contest will not affect your vote in any other contest.
- If the ballot instructs, "Vote for three" and you vote for less than 3 candidates, you have under-voted in that race. Any votes you have made will count.