Historic Resource Review Committee
- Meetings take place at 2 pm
- Meetings are held quarterly
- HRRC Meetings will take place on the following dates in 2024:
- No January Meeting
- April 9, 2024
- July 9, 2024
- October 8, 2024
- Douglas County Courthouse
Justice Building, Room103
1036 SE Douglas Avenue
Roseburg, OR 97470
Meetings of the Committee are open to the public.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Judith Bacon
Historic Society Representative
- Anne Wickersham
Citizen at Large
The Committee consists of seven appointed voting members and the directors of the Douglas County Museum and Planning Department.
The County’s Historic Ordinance (PDF) provides that voting members shall include:
- 1 professional historian or history instructor
- 1 representative of an organized and active Indian tribe
- 2 representatives of historically oriented organizations
- 3 citizens at large possessing a broad knowledge or architecture, archaeology, law/finance or local history and who have an interest in conserving the County’s cultural and historical resources
The term of appointment is four years.
The duties of the Committee are carried out in the course of regular workshop meetings. Their responsibilities include:
- Evaluation of the County’s Inventoried historic resources
- Recommendation to the Board of resources deserving Douglas County protection
- Promotion of historic district formation
- Consideration of nomination to the County Historic Register
- Review of decisions regarding demolition and alteration permit requests that are appealed to the Committee
The Committee also participates in the State’s Historic Recognition Program. The State Advisory Committee on Historic Preservation requests and considers the Committee evaluation of County resources in their recommendation of nominations to the National Register of Historic Places.
Committee participation is a vital part of the nationwide preservation program. Citizens interested in Douglas County’s history have an opportunity through Committee participation to be active in the preservation of the County’s heritage of historic resources.