Industrial Development Board (IDB)
- 10:30 to 11:30 am
- 3rd Tuesday of every month
- Douglas County Courthouse
1036 SE Douglas Ave. Room #216
Roseburg, OR 97470
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Melony Marsh, President
- Bob Ragon, Vice President
- Debbie Fromdahl
- Bruce Hanna
- Timothy Swenson
- Guy Kennerly
- Barry Robinson
- Charmaine Vitek
- Todd Way
- Umpqua Community College
- Mike Baker, Oregon Department of Transportation
- Mark Bauer, City Manager - City of Winston
- Jeni Stevens, City Administrator - City of Drain
- Bill Ducket, Mayor - City of Riddle
- Dawn Bennett, City Administrator - City of Canyonville
- Kristi Gilbert, Community Development Specialist, City of Sutherlin
- Linda Higgans, City Manager - City of Elkton
- Ron Harker, Finance Director - City of Roseburg
- Thomas Hasvold, Mayor - City of Oakland
- Lonnie Rainville, City Administrator - City of Myrtle Creek
- Jennifer Bragg, Interim City Administrator - City of Yoncalla
- Dawn Russ, City Recorder - City of Glendale
Schedule of 2023 Board Meetings
- January 17
- February 21 (Postponed)
- February 28 (Special Meeting)
- March 21 (Cancelled)
- April 18
- May 16
- June 20 (Cancelled)
- July 18 (Cancelled)
- August 15 (Cancelled)
- September 19
- October 17
- November 21
- December 19
- January 16, 2024
About the Board
- Create quality, family wages jobs in Industrial Development Board (IDB) industrial parks, while retaining jobs in existing businesses and industries.
- In IDB industrial parks, provide flexibility on wage levels based on a company's overall investment.
- Support sustainable tourism and commercial job creation and retention.
- Support education/training facilities and programs which meet the needs of a qualified and trainable workforce to supply business/industry.
- Develop the Douglas County Industrial Development Board (DCIDB) industrial sites/parks with the necessary infrastructure to attract local/state industries, as well as companies recruited to locate in Douglas County.
- Maintain an inventory of DCIDB industrial lands available for development at approximately what it is now (+/- 200 acres) so that when land is sold, IDB purchases more to maintain the inventory.
- Collaborate with the cities, the Umpqua Basin Watershed Committee, and others as appropriate to create wetland banking within the region.
- Collaborate with local, state, and federal partners to maintain and enhance a healthy, vibrant economic climate where local businesses/industries thrive and expand.
- Develop and implement a strategic marketing recruitment program that targets businesses/industries that complement what Douglas County can offer.
- Maintain or create sustainable incentives to assist development.
- Strive to ensure that the Douglas County quality of life is maintained and enhanced through sustainable economic development.
- The DCIDB and staffing team are well trained, professional, and strategic in decision making and problem-solving.
- Industrial Development Board has trained, professional, and qualified staffing team to implement the DCIDB's long-range goals and mission.
- DCIDB is recognized in local, regional, statewide, and nationally as an innovative board that creates quality jobs for the County's residents.
- Using public speaking engagements, or other venues, provide information that assists the public, community groups, and civic organizations in understanding DCIDB's role and activities to create positive economic growth in Douglas County.
Promote, expand, and diversify job opportunities and economic health in Douglas County.
Quality jobs for Douglas County residents.
P.O. Box 1938
Roseburg, OR 97470
Fax (541) 672-7011