What do I do if I want to sell my Manufactured Structure?

To complete the process, you will need to do the following:

  • Taxes must be paid in full, so that you may obtain a tax certificate from the Tax Office that will be needed as supporting documentation by (MHODS).
  • You will then download the current form/forms necessary to complete this transaction, see contact information below to obtain these forms.

Department of Consumer and Business Services • Building Codes Division (MHODS)

Mailing address: P.O. Box 14470, Salem, OR 97309-0404
1535 Edgewater St. NW, Salem, OR 97304

Phone: 503-378-4530 • Email: mhods.bcd@dcbs.oregon.gov

 Required Fees

 The fees needed from (MHODS) for an Ownership document change is $55, and the fee for a trip permit is $5 (per section) see fees listed on the Manufactured Home Ownership Document Application for New and Used Homes.

 Change of Ownership

 If there is a change in ownership you will need to contact (MHODS) and obtain the appropriate form/forms, we will then receive documentation that there has been a change and update our records to reflect changes so tax statements are delivered to the current owner of record. 

Tax Bill & What to Expect

 Please be aware that you will receive a tax statement from the county where the Manufactured Structure was sited on January 1st of the current year.  A Manufactured Structure that moves between January 2nd and December 31st will be moved and billed at the new location in our records for the next fiscal tax year.

Show All Answers

1. My Manufactured Structure is still on a separate tax statement even though I filed papers to make it Exempt from title and therefore considered to be real property?
2. Exempting a Manufactured Structure from title?
3. What is an MS Park Community Relations Fee (formerly the Ombudsman Fee)?
4. What do I do if I want to move my Manufactured Structure?
5. What do I do if I want to sell my Manufactured Structure?
6. Demolishing a Manufactured Structure?
7. I have recently married and I want to change my name on the ownership document of my manufactured structure and add my new spouse?
8. I want to add myself or the company I represent as a Security Interest Holder on a Manufactured Structure?
9. I am a landlord wishing to file for abandonment of a manufactured structure?