I didn't need a permit for my swimming pool, is it taxable?

Yes. All in-ground gunite, fiberglass, and vinyl lined pools are taxable. A building permit is not required for the actual pool itself. However, electrical and mechanical permits are required. Since many property owners do not obtain the required permits, it is typically upon discovery that most pools are added to the assessment roll. All outdoor pools receive a 50% seasonal use discount. Above ground, pools are not taxable, but extensive wood decking or concrete may be.

Show All Answers

1. How is residential property appraised?
2. I recently purchased my newer house and there is no improvement value on my tax statement. Why not?
3. You have valued my house for more than it cost me to build it; why is that?
4. I'm going to build a new garage/carport or add concrete/blacktop to my property. What will my taxes be?
5. Which is less expensive, blacktop or concrete?
6. Are portable buildings and garden sheds taxable?
7. I didn't need a permit for my swimming pool, is it taxable?
8. I need an appraisal to get a loan, can you do that for me?
9. Do I have to let an appraiser on my property?
10. Why are my neighbor's taxes lower than mine?
11. Will you review my property value without an appeal being filed?
12. Why am I not being taxed on my sales price?
13. If I find an error in the square footage of my house or the acreage of my property can a correction be made?