What do I do if I get married?
  • Notify your department so they can process a personnel action form (PAF) to update your employment records. Be sure to inform your department of any name or address change.
  • If you would like to add your new spouse as a dependent on your medical/dental insurance, you must do so within 31 days of the date of the marriage. If not done within 31 days, you must wait until open enrollment for another opportunity to add your spouse. You can add your spouse by logging into your CIS profile and entering an enrollment change. You will need to upload a copy of your marriage certificate.
  • Update your PERS beneficiary designations, W4 information and CIS beneficiary designations, if desired.

For more information contact Human Resources via email at hr@douglascountyor.gov or call (541) 440-4405.

Show All Answers

1. What do I do if I get married?
2. What do I do if I become legally separated or divorced?
3. What do I do if I have or adopt a baby?
4. What happens if I have a child who reaches the dependent age limit (age 26)?
5. What do I do if I have a death in the family?
6. What do I do when I retire?
7. What do I do if I leave county employment?
8. When can I change something in my benefit plans?
9. What if I move?
10. What if I change employment status (e.g. from part-time to full-time)?
11. What is Employee Assistance Provider (EAP)?