What do I do if I have or adopt a baby?
  • Add newly eligible dependents to insurance within 31 days of birth (or adoption finalization). If not done within 31 days, you must wait until open enrollment for another opportunity to add newly eligible dependents. You can add new dependents by logging into your CIS profile and entering an enrollment change. You will need to upload supporting documentation.
  • Update your PERS beneficiary designations, W4 information and CIS beneficiary designations, if desired.

For more information contact Human Resources via email at hr@douglascountyor.gov or call (541) 440-4405.

Show All Answers

1. What do I do if I get married?
2. What do I do if I become legally separated or divorced?
3. What do I do if I have or adopt a baby?
4. What happens if I have a child who reaches the dependent age limit (age 26)?
5. What do I do if I have a death in the family?
6. What do I do when I retire?
7. What do I do if I leave county employment?
8. When can I change something in my benefit plans?
9. What if I move?
10. What if I change employment status (e.g. from part-time to full-time)?
11. What is Employee Assistance Provider (EAP)?