What do I do if I am injured on the job?

If injured on-the-job, you should immediately report the accident to your supervisor. You can expect to be contacted by the Risk Manager, Human Resources, who will provide the required forms to complete and monitor the recovery process. If the claim is accepted, you are entitled to necessary medical treatment and compensation for time lost. The amount of time loss (two-thirds of gross wages) is set by law. 

Employees are expected to participate in an early return-to-work program. If necessary, light duty placements can be designed until the employees can return to their regular job. The County is self-insured for workers’ compensation purposes.

For more information speak to your supervisor or email Human Services.

Show All Answers

1. What do I do if I am injured on the job?
2. I want to report an unsafe condition, what do I do?
3. Can I attend the Central Safety Team (CST) meeting?
4. What types of safety training are available?
5. I have a suggestion to improve safety, who do I tell?