How Do I Submit a Public Records Request?

All public records requests for Douglas County Government need to be submitted in writing utilizing our public records request form.  We ask that you be as specific as possible with your request.  When completing the form, please provide all of your contact information, a detailed description of the documents requested, which County Department you believe retains the records and a very specific timeline.   Any additional details or background you can provide about the request is appreciated.

The form is available in person in the Douglas County Public Affairs Office, Room 320 at the Douglas County Courthouse located at 1036 SE Douglas Avenue, Roseburg, Oregon or by downloading the form from our website at  Completed public records request forms must be submitted to the Douglas County Public Affairs Office by email at; in person or by mail to Douglas County PIO, 1036 SE Douglas Avenue, CH Room 320, Roseburg, Oregon 97470.  If you have questions about the process, you can contact the Douglas County Public Affairs Office at (541) 957-4896 or (541) 440-4493. 

Show All Answers

1. How Do I Submit a Public Records Request?
2. What is a Public Record?
3. What are the Guidelines for Public Records Requests?
4. Are There Any Public Records That I May Not Inspect or Copy?
5. What if I Have a Question About the Contents of a Public Document?
6. When Will I Be Able to Inspect or Receive Copies of the Documents?
7. What Will it Cost to Obtain the Documents That I Seek?
8. When Must I Pay the Fee Associated with My Request?
9. What if I Have a Request for the Douglas County Sheriff's Office?
10. What if I Need Copies of Criminal Records, Court Documents, Citations, Custody Cases, Divorce Papers or Arrest Records?
11. What is Your Policy on Public Records Requests?