What deferral programs may I apply for?

There are two deferral programs, one of which you may qualify for. The disabled citizen’s deferral is for Oregon homeowners, under the age of 62, who are collecting federal Social Security benefits. The senior citizens’ deferral is for Oregon homeowners, over the age of 62.

Who Can Apply

  • Either husband or wife may apply, or both may apply jointly.
  • Two or more people (other than a married couple) may apply for deferral as joint owners.
  • You may apply for a deferral if you have a veteran’s exemption and still have property taxes to pay.
  • You may be living away from the property due to medical reasons. In this case, you must send a medical statement to the Oregon Department of Revenue (DOR). It must be on letterhead from your health care provider.

Show All Answers

1. What are exemptions?
2. Who qualifies for a Veteran's Exemption?
3. Who is a veteran?
4. What is a property tax deferral?
5. What deferral programs may I apply for?
6. How do I qualify for one of these deferral programs?
7. How do I apply for a deferral?
8. Does a non-profit organization have to pay property taxes?
9. Can a non-profit organization get an exemption on a bare piece of land to be used as a future building site?
10. We will be buying or leasing property after the April 1 filing deadline, can we still get an exemption?